Announcement: LISRA Monthly Meeting – Nov. 9th at 7:30 PM via Zoom
Benefits of Membership
- Regular membership meetings will provide a support structure for your professional activities and advancement including re-certification.
- Access to senior officials, including ENY’s State Director of Instruction, State Director of Assessment, national referees, and more.
- Valuable instructional clinics given by certified USSF instructors.
- Referee Development and Big Brother programs.
- Automatic notification of game assignments.
- Participation in, and assignment to, charitable events, including Special Olympics.
- Free evaluations by USSF assessors, for upgrade readiness and self-improvement.
- Representation on league arbitration committees.
- Scholarship>Scholarship program for LISRA members and their families.
- Full time office staff to assist when problems arise.
- Board of directors with nearly 200 combined years of referee experience, who know the needs of Association members.
If you are seeking to upgrade in Eastern New York as a USSF referee please contact the ENY Soccer Referee Office at https://enysreferee.org/contact/
Applications By: April 30th, 2024
All members and their children are welcome to apply. The requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be a referee in good standing or the child of a referee in good standing.
- Applicant must submit a transcript of grades for the past year and the latest available marking period of 2023.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from: (1) A past or present employer, (2) A school representative and (3) A personal friend or acquaintance or clergy person. (No LISRA Board Member may write a letter of recommendation).
- A letter from the applicant expressing why he or she feels that they should be awarded a scholarship.
- Letters and transcripts must be received before April 30, 2024. All paperwork should be addressed to the LISRA office. (Make certain to write LISRA)
- The April 30 deadline will be strictly enforced.
- All scholarship winners are required to appear in person to accept this award. We have meetings on the second Thursday of each month and you will be welcome to attend the meeting in May or June, your choice.
Ask a Question (SV)
Want to Join LIRA?
Fill in the form above and someone from the support will be right back to you to help answer any question you have.